Socially Responsible Investment Coalition
"The Socially Responsible Investment Coalition, also known as the Texas Coalition for Responsible Investment (Texas CRI), is a coalition of religious congregations, institutions and individuals that work to balance their economic policies and practices with their faith and social concerns. As investors and shareholders, they act to influence corporations towards social responsibility. Texas CRI is a member of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR).
Texas CRI has the following goals:
- To educate members about social issues relating to corporate responsibility;
- To effect changes in corporate policy through a variety of strategies, including actions by shareholders;
- To use the networks provided by membership in ICCR for research information, analysis and action strategies.
- To dialogue about issues pertinent to Texas and the surrounding region with corporations whose business operations have significant impact in the area.
- To concentrate particularly on issues relating to the maquiladora industry along the U.S.-Mexico border, and on environmental issues affecting that and other areas of Texas and the surrounding states."
Maintained by Rory O'Brien firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update of this page May 8, 1998